Trusted by great brands
- The TATA Chemicals Limited
- The stanford university
- ancora education
Plan your projects, closely track your tasks, collaborate with your team efficiently, and finish successful projects like you never even left the office. Learn more about what Projects can do for your remote teams
Get work done on time, all the time!
Plan your project activities, assign work, manage resources and collaborate with your team like never before.
- Gantt Charts
See the big picture with Gantt charts
Use Gantt charts to build your project plan and track your task
schedule. Zoho Projects keeps you aware of your critical tasks and their dependencies, and
immediately shows any deviations between your planned and actual progress.
Learn more about Gantt charts
Automate tasks to save time
Save time on routine tasks. Whether you have a simple process or a
complex workflow, our online project management software has a drag-and-drop interface that
makes new automations easier to visualize and deploy.
Learn more about task automation
Log every minute with timesheets
Log billable and non-billable hours with the Projects timesheet module.
Record every minute of your hard work, either manually or with timers, and our built-in
integration with Zoho Invoice will automatically generate invoices
from your timesheets.
Learn more about time tracking
Customize your experience
Fully customize your projects to suit your needs. With Zoho Projects,
you can create personalized fields, layouts, statuses, and workflows to easily perform tasks
specific to your work.
Learn more about project customization
Our easy-to-use interface helps you find your way around the
product easily with little to no learning curve. Moreover, views are more colorful than ever yet
easy on the eyes. Switch between the different color themes or the dark and light
modes to suit your mood.
Integrate with your favorite apps
Zoho Projects gives you the added advantage of several other Zoho apps and third party apps through seamless integrations.
Turn every project into a success story
Read how our customers implemented effective project management in their organizations with Zoho Projects.
I believe that Zoho Projects is the kind of tool that every company needs to get, because its cloud services and multi-platform support makes it the best management tool ever.
Our presence is now completely virtual. We save a ton of money using Zoho Projects and appreciate that Zoho continues to evolve and improve.
We found Zoho Projects the best fit, as we got everything we were looking for at a very affordable price.
Mobile projects for mobile teams
Whether you are on the road, attending a conference, or away on
holiday, your projects will stay by your side.
Project Management Software Decoded
1. What is project management software?
Project management software is an online software used by enterprises and organizations to plan, track, collaborate, schedule and manage projects and tasks. It is a means to manage your projects effectively, right from planning up to execution. It helps in organizing work while dealing with different factors like time, money, resources, clients, stakeholders, and more. There are many cloud-based software options available that can help you succeed in your projects.
2. Why do businesses need project management software?
Online project management software helps businesses in
- Meeting their goals efficiently
- Staying within the planned constraints of time and money
- Keeping all the necessary stakeholders on the same page
- Identifying bottlenecks by tracking real time progress
- Measuring their project performance
- Efficiently allocating work to resources
3. Who uses project management software?
Online project management software can be used by anyone and everyone who has need of it. Some examples are:
- Students to track their academic projects
- Enterprises that manage their entire fleet of operations
- Individuals who keep track of daily tasks
- Freelancers for managing client projects
- Small and medium businesses that manage their own projects
- Project managers who work as consultants
4. Key features of project management software
Some of the key features of cloud-based project management software are
- The ability to plan projects by creating a work breakdown structure
- Tracking and managing tasks and issues
- Visualizing progress using Gantt charts
- Time tracking to record work hours and bill clients
- Resource management for optimal work allocation
- Real-time collaboration to stay in sync with your team
5. How does project management software work?
An online project management platform keeps everyone on the team organized, accountable and on the same page. It has good file organization and storage capabilities to carry out the planning stage without a hitch. It helps create a project plan, allocate time, resources and budget to the split-up work items and track the real-time progress of the project. It also helps in controlling the project progress by comparing planned and actual progress, and implementing changes when necessary. Various functions involved in the successful execution of a project—from creating a work breakdown structure to preparing a lessons learned document—can all be performed from a single platform.
6. What makes a good online project management software?
A good online project management software is one that is
- Intuitive, customizable and user-friendly
- Integrates with your existing work ecosystem
- Provides excellent customer support
- Requires minimal onboarding
- Maintains data security and privacy
7. What are the different types of project management software?
Some of the different types of project management software are
- Free project management software
- Enterprise project management platforms
- Cloud-based project management system
- Waterfall-based project management platform
- Agile project management software
- Industry-specific software like construction,education,IT and more.
8. How do I choose a project management tool?
Lay out your needs, requirements and budget first before delving into the type of project management software you want. It can be a cloud based project management tool, vertical specific software or even a simple task planner. Request a quote and proposal from the product companies in case of implementation at an organizational level. Do your research by reading customer reviews and comparing the pros & cons of various leading options in the market. Narrow down your options and opt for a trial of these platforms. Choose the one that fits your primary needs and is easy to adopt and implement!
9. Benefits of using a project management software
The benefits of using online project management software include:
- Tracking work in real-time
- Using mobile applications to work from anywhere and anytime
- Instant collaboration
- Automation to identify bottlenecks
- Report generation and analysis
- Customization to address individual needs
10. What is the best free project management software?
Zoho Projects! Yes, that's right, we take pride in being a free project management platform that doesn't compromise on quality and functionality. This is more than just a to-do list. With just the free version, you can break down your project activities, allocate resources, and schedule your work items using the Gantt chart. We also offer free trials to all our paid editions. Zoho Projects is not only an easy-to-use project management software, it also has features that cater to every aspect of your work. A comprehensive task management module, intuitive Gantt charts, efficient resource allocation, and effortless collaboration are some of the reasons why Zoho Projects is the best project management software. It's accessible not only in terms of usage with its mobile applications, but also in terms of cost. Check out our pricing details here.